Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Inspired by Teesha Moore


So, ever since the first time I saw Teesha's lovely work, I've been dying to know how she makes such beautiful creations. http://teeshascircus.blogspot.com/ <-Please look, see, indulge, imagine, create, and adore!


To my surprise, she decided to share her processes with the world by posting links to youtube.com and to her blog. These honestly couldn't have come at a better time. I have been working on a few different things with Sarah Whitmire's Advanced Journaling techniques http://www.caspiana.com/ and joining two other amazing groups. However, I feel like I have been spending far more time answering e-mails and participating in conversations with these amazingly inspiring women than actually creating art. Sure, I've finished a few things here and there - but, nothing really worth posting.


I have also felt like I'm coming into 'information overload' at this point...what with all the different techniques, products, supplies, projects, etc. that I'm trying to pick and choose the ones that I have time for vs. what I actually want to do. I'm thinking I'm spread a bit thin.


Today, the lovely Sox sent me a link to the youtube videos from Teesha and I spent the first 35 minutes of work today devouring and listening to them. Thankfully, she shows her process, she's extremely easy and enjoyable to listen to, and she makes the processes look so very easy! So, I couldn't WAIT to come home and try my hand on putting together my first page inspired by Teesha's instruction. I can honestly say, this is one of the things I'm proud of most!


Enjoy! :)


3 comments:

Lisa said...

Toni, she is sooooo cool! She looks perfect. I am very proud of you for sitting down and making something. I feel like I spend way too much time reading group digests and looking at tutorials that I neglect to actually create. I looked at all of Teesha's tuts and really want to try something too!

Anonymous said...

Toni - your page turned out so good! I seen her tutorial on making journals last week and whipped up 2 of them. I can see I'm going to be watching these videos a lot and soaking them in. :) Stacy

Tammy Freiborg said...

So true, so easy to get caught up in all the info and interaction. Your page is fantastic; your special, unique touch comes through loud and clear and wonderful.