Sunday, November 22, 2009

Stamps

It's been a few days since I've posted anything so, here's my reply to one of the prompts in my Blistfully Art Journaling group. Enjoy! :)



I ended up ordering one of those giant ephemera packs on E-bay and included in that package was approximately 70 stamps. I've been dying to use them but hadn't come up with a reason or an idea to add them to my journal until now. I thought these looked old enough to be included in love letter/post cards. I imagined what they could have once been attached to..a love letter, an important letter, a random bill, or on junk mail. I settled on love letters since that's far more interesting. These are just three of the most interesting ones included in the pack.

5 comments:

Artefaque: (är'tə-fākt') * said...

Lovely...just perfect! I love mail art and postage stamps in art!

Mixed Media Martyr said...

Gorgeous page Toni!!! Love how you used the stamps. You could fill a whole journal with love letters and postcards like this! Leanne.

Creatively Lisa said...

I love how you used your stamps for this. What a great idea. This is a great page.

Timaree said...

This is a great page. Wonderful for the stamp theme. I like how you smeared your writing on the quote.

Shelley Malone said...

I just LOVE this!! I'm pretty addicted to mail art anyway, so a little pile of postcards with pretty stamps on them really makes my heart beat a little faster. You did a great job with this!